NOMINATE YOUR FAVORITE BUSINESS
Do you have a favorite business that is doing a great job and providing the best in customer service? Do you know of a business that is advancing the youth of our community? How about a business that has done a great job renovating their location?
If you answered Yes to any of these, then here’s your chance to nominate them for an award.
The City of Wheat Ridge is preparing for its 8th Annual Business Appreciation Awards Program and is seeking nominations in five categories.
Citizens and businesses are encouraged to nominate Wheat Ridge based businesses in one or more of the following categories:
- Business of the Year – This award recognizes a business that exemplifies the ‘Best in Business’ that represents the values of our community.
- Reinvestment Award – This award recognizes a business that has demonstrated one or more of the following: made a significant investment in its property, improved the overall appearance of the site, maintained property at the highest standards, or updated their building in a manner to make it more marketable.
- Cultural Commission Award – This award recognizes a business which has made an impact on our community through one or more of the following: promoting/encouraging culture and the arts, promoting awareness of our cultural activities, diversity, heritage, supporting opportunities in art education for all ages or incorporating art into the architecture and design of their building.
- City Council’s Partnership Award – This award gives the City Council an opportunity to recognize a company for their overall contributions to the City. It incorporates criteria from all award categories as well as contributions in volunteerism, leadership, and community investment/involvement.
- Mayor’s Business and Youth Partnership Award – This award gives the Mayor an opportunity to recognize a company for their overall contributions. It incorporates criteria from all award categories as well as contributions in volunteerism, leadership, and community investment, but must also include involvement with the mentoring, training, and partnering with the youth.
Anyone wishing to nominate a Wheat Ridge business for an award this year should go to the Economic Development page of the City’s website at www.ci.wheatridge.co.us to print a nomination form. Forms are also available at City Hall, the Public Library and the Recreation Center. All nominations for the Annual Business Awards Program must be received by Friday, September 2, 2011.
Winners of the 2011 Business Awards will be honored at the 8th Annual Business Appreciation Breakfast to be held September 29, 2011 at the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center. Each year the City of Wheat Ridge Appreciation Program is held to not only recognize Wheat Ridge’s outstanding Business Award winners, but to also recognize the business community as a whole for their contributions to making Wheat Ridge a great community. It will be my honor to host the event and have an opportunity to thank such an important component to our City’s success.
For all media inquiries, please contact Steve Art, Economic Development Manager at 303-235-2806 or E-mail at email@example.com.